I am so excited to discuss affiliate marketing because it is truly one of the EASIEST ways to make money online. It’s not a simple process because there’s a lot of strategy that goes into it, but this is what they mean when they say make money while you sleep.
Affiliate marketing is a nice job because it does not require you to produce anything, deliver a service, be chained to the phone or managed by the clock.
What is Affiliate Marketing?
Affiliate Marketing is when you refer someone to a product or service online using a unique link and if they make a purchase through your link you earn a commission.
You know how you recommend different products or places to friends? Well, now you can get paid for it!
Companies want to get found in this crowded marketplace (the internet), and they need people to help spread the word about their product/service. So much that they will pay you a commission for referring people to their site that make a purchase.
How do I get a unique link?
At Ivaado, this is very simple. Go to the SHOP section, select a product that you want to promote and right click the "Visit Website" button and copy the link.
This is your unique link from which you can earn the cash back percentage every time the product is sold.
How can you use Affiliate Marketing?
1. Facebook Groups
2. Create a Website
1. Facebook Groups
You can simple go on Facebook groups where people can be interested in this particular product and create a nice post, maybe with a good image.
You'll be impressed on how many money you can make from this method.
1. Create a Website
The primary focus of your site is going to be your blog, but there are several pages that you should consider including (and some that are a flat-out MUST for affiliate marketers):
- About: Make it personable and let people get to know you a little.
- Contact: This should include all contact information that you want to share with your readers, advertisers, or potential partners.
- Disclaimer: If your site is monetized, this is where you share the how of it.
- Terms of Service: This is a legal page limiting your liability in the event of misuse of information or services provided on your site. It also details user responsibilities regarding copyrights and trademarks.
- Custom 404 Page: A custom 404 page goes a long way toward improving the user experience.
- Advertise: If you plan on selling on-site ads, include a page for advertisers with information about available spots, monthly views, audience demographics, and a contact form.
It’s important to make sure that your policies are clear and upfront to avoid confusion and to build trust with your audience.
Promote Products That Fill a Need
Listen to the people who are interested in your niche. What problems are they facing? Are there gaps in the solutions that are already available? Find products that can help and try them out. If the products are good, become an affiliate and recommend them. Your audience wants solutions. If they work, they’ll be willing to pay for them.
Promote Products Your Audience Wants to Know About
Ask your audience what they’re interested in and try it. If it’s a good product, recommend it. If it isn’t, tell them. At best, you’ll get sales. At worst, you’ll gain more trust from your audience. Which basically means there’s no “worst” here.
Promote Products From Others in Your Niche
Pay attention to other affiliate marketers in your niche. What are they talking about and promoting? What ads are they using? Check out Instagram, Twitter, Pinterest, and Facebook to take a look at #affiliate and #ad to see what other affiliates are promoting.